CDD Vault Update: Dose-Response Improvements Part III: Got Controls?
Control Lines and Standard Curves
Do you screen positive and negative controls in your dose-response protocol? What about standard compounds? With this release, sample plots now include control lines and standard curves when displaying data for only one run.
When all positive controls share the same concentration, a positive control line is shown in red:
When positive controls have variable concentration and a fit can be computed, a standard curve is shown, again in red:
In either case, a negative control line is shown in blue if you have specified negative controls.
Not Seeing Them?
To keep the plots readable, we only show controls when data for a single run is being displayed, so narrow your search to a specific run (or use the “View readouts for this run” link on the Run page).
- Specify your control wells on the Protocol Details page. Click the “Edit Layout” link next to the appropriate sized plate to establish a generic control layout. You can also specify plate-specific and run-specific control layouts, and all control layouts can be edited at any time to update the calculations.
- Import your data using plate-well references.
- Once the commit is complete, follow the link to check Z-factors and other run statistics.
- From the run page click “View readouts for this run” and scan through your results to check for outliers that need flagging or compounds that should be re-screened.
- Finally, refine the search to identify your hits and save it for sharing with your collaborators.