SAVE THE DATE for CDD’s inaugural Town Hall: What are Public-Private Partnerships for Drug Discovery?
In recent decades, the proliferation of world-wide epidemics and health emergencies (such as HIV, MERS, Ebola, and most recently Zika) has inspired efforts to improve the pace of drug discovery through large-scale collaborations. So-called Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) have been implemented in Europe (Innovative Medicines Initiative), in the United States (FDA’s Critical Path Initiative and several NIH initiatives), and elsewhere to attack critical health problems. (Comput Struct Biotechnol J.; 2013; Elisabetta Vaudanoa.) These PPPs pose unique challenges, including organization, data generation, knowledge sharing, intellectual property handling, financial planning, and more.
Collaborative Drug Discovery, Inc. provides secure data handling for several PPPs, and has an invested interest in their continued success. To promote this model of collaborative drug discovery, we are sponsoring a series of Town Hall style webinars to explore topics such as:
- What are Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) for Drug Discovery? What makes them succeed, and what are the contributing factors?
- What are the recommended roles within a PPP and how do they optimally work together?
- How does the choice of compound libraries selected for testing influence success?
- What happens to the data once projects end?
- How do PPPs handle intellectual property issues, funding issues, and hand-off to development?
Register Now for this inaugural PPP Town Hall Webinar!
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- 10:00 AM (US Pacific), 1:00 PM (US Eastern), 6:00 PM (GMT)
- Ron Margolis, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Jim Hendrix, Dir of Global Science Initiatives, Alzheimer’s Association
- Jair Lage de Siqueira-Neto, Univ of California San Diego
Join our distinguished panel of speakers as they deviate from the expected “PowerPoint presentation” style webinar to provide an engaging Town Hall experience.
Register Now to reserve your attendee slot!
This blog is authored by members of the CDD Vault community. CDD Vault is a hosted drug discovery informatics platform that securely manages both private and external biological and chemical data. It provides core functionality including chemical registration, structure activity relationship, chemical inventory, and electronic lab notebook capabilities!
CDD Vault: Drug Discovery Informatics your whole project team will embrace!