About Collaborative Drug Discovery
Provide an unparalleled experience for humanitarian & commercial collaborative research and discovery.
Our people, our values, our goals, our innovation, our technology. At CDD, our greatest asset is our collaborative team. We're committed to customer success because when you succeed, the whole world benefits.
We thoughtfully and strategically collaborate with all, both internally and externally.
We invest our thinking and resources into change that will propel the industry and our company forward.
We positively improve the process of collaborative research by offering our innovative tools.
We never think we have all the answers. We listen to our customers' needs.
We treat customers, partners, providers, and coworkers as we want to be treated.
We keep to our corporate commitments and promises. Always striving to do better, we admit our mistakes and collaboratively build a solution.
We are thoughtful, clear, and effective with internal and external communications.
We take pride in what we do.
We are a business that must earn money in order to continue to support our customers and provide a place for our employees to thrive for the long term.
CDD provides a modern approach to drug discovery research informatics trusted globally by thousands of leading researchers. The CDD Vault is a hosted biological and chemical database that securely manages your private and external data. Here are some CDD milestones:
- 2022: CDD Vault Supports Biologics
- 2021: CDD launches PharmaKB (The Pharma KnowledgeBase), formerly BioHarmony.
- 2020: CDD Vault has >90% renewal rate
- 2020: CDD joins the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program & integrates Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) in CDD Vault ELN
- 2019: CDD Vault celebrates 1,000,000th customer login
- 2018: CDD powers BMGF TBDA, Pew Trusts SPARK, and NIH BPN2.0 collaborations
- 2017: CDD Vault becomes leading whole solution for drug discovery informatics with Activity & Registration, Inventory, Visualization, and now…ELN
- 2017: CDD launches patented, new BioAssay Express (BAE) platform for “Assay Informatics”
- 2016: CDD Vault = Activity & Registration + Inventory (New) + Visualization
- 2015: CDD Vault adds advanced calculations, modeling, and visualization
- 2014: CDD celebrates 10 Year Users Meeting together with Leading Scientists
- 2014: CDD Vault hosts >23 Million Compounds
- 2013: CDD Vault securely hosted >9 years – with 99.98% up-time
- 2013: CDD surpassed >100,000 customer logins
- 2012: CDD Database for NIH NINDS receives FISMA authorization
- 2012: NIH picked CDD Vault for Neuroscience Blueprint Network
- 2012: CDD securely hosted >160,000,000 datapoints
- 2011: CDD won Bio-IT World Editors’ Choice Best Practices Award
- 2011: MM4TB 5 year EU funded project with AstraZeneca, Sanofi-Aventis
- 2010: GSK, Novartis, Pfizer, and NIH Collaborations announced
- 2009: CDD Vault surpasses >1 Million Compounds
- 2008: Gates Foundation 2 year grant (extended to present date)
- 2005: Eli Lilly co-invested in a syndicate with Omidyar Network and Founders Fund
- 2004: CDD spun out of Lilly, UCSF signs up as first customer
Dr. Barry Bunin, founder and CEO, answers questions about CDD and our vision in an interview for FounderLY.