CDD CEO Barry Bunin, PhD, as well as CDD Board Member Alpheus Bingham, PhD, will be presenting on a Panel at the Partnering for Cures conference at the Grand Hyatt in New York City on December 14-15.
Here are speakers from the Cloud-Sourcing: Collaboration in a Data-Rich Environment panel:
“The medical research community, typically a step behind most other sectors in its use of information technology, is showing increased interest in open source and cloud platforms as tools to connect relevant scientists, research, information, and data. Several new such infrastructures are now available to allow researchers, providers, and patients to share data proactively. But what’s the uptake? How open is science to open source frameworks? Can these data-driven models catalyze new research dynamics?”
- Moderator: Adam Clark, Ph.D., Director of Scientific and Federal Affairs, FasterCures
- Alpheus Bingham, Ph.D., Co-Founder and Member, Board of Directors, InnoCentive
- Stephen Friend, M.D., Ph.D., President, Co-Founder and Director, Sage Bionetworks
- Jeff Hammerbacher, Vice President, Products, Cloudera, Inc.
- Jonathan A. Handler, M.D., FACEP, Chief Deployment Architect, Microsoft Corporation
And here are the speakers from the Cures in the Cupboard: Sharing and Repurposing Assets panel:
“Faced with thinning pipelines, a growing number of companies are taking more seriously the possibility of investigating potential new applications for existing, often shelved compounds, and they are seeking new partners to share some of the risk. The idea of marketplaces or exchanges for intellectual property, such as patent pools, is moving from the realm of discussion into reality, particularly in the area of global health. While these activities seem like no-brainers, the challenges in making them work are real. Are there success stories, and where can we find them? Is this the potential goldmine it’s often portrayed to be, or is it a red herring?”
- Moderator: Howard Soule, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief Science Officer, Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Barry Bunin, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Collaborative Drug Discovery
- Kate Marusina, Ph.D., M.B.A., Manager, Research Facilitation and Industry Alliance, Clinical and Translational Science Center, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Melinda Moree, CEO, BioVentures in Global Health
- Josh Sommer, Executive Director, Chordoma Foundation
If you are interested in meeting with Alpheus Bingham or Barry Bunin in NYC during the week of Dec 13-17th, contact [email protected]
This blog is authored by members of the CDD Vault community. CDD Vault is a hosted drug discovery informatics platform that securely manages both private and external biological and chemical data. It provides core functionality including chemical registration, structure activity relationship, chemical inventory, and electronic lab notebook capabilities!
CDD Vault: Drug Discovery Informatics your whole project team will embrace!