Pre-/Post-Sales Application Scientist (Asia/Europe/US)
CDD is a growing scientific software company with a sustainably expanding researcher community using the CDD Vault to archive, mine and collaborate around drug discovery data. We are looking for leading, experienced Customer (Community) Support professionals.
Our software helps chemists and biologists manage and collaborate around their drug discovery data. We believe the innovative approach enabled by our technology dramatically reduces the risk and improves the efficiency of the drug discovery process, an important goal that affects both humanitarian and commercial markets.
Our software is currently used by leading academic researchers (at Stanford, Harvard, University of Dundee, etc.) working on finding drugs for developing-world infectious diseases, as well as leading industry players (Lilly, Genentech, Amgen, etc). You will help our customers in their quest to alleviate significant human suffering.
This position will assist in supporting both pre- and post-sales with a focus on helping new customer prospects organize their data and upload it into the database. The incumbent will also teach people how to use the software and devise new upload methods to cut-down on pre-processing time; schedule meetings and keep up communications with existing customers; gather monthly reports for existing customers to ensure the product is meeting their needs.
Additional Plusses for supporting sales in addition to customers.
- Develop client accounts to ensure company sales and revenue goals are met.
- Experience with personalized group emailing programs such as mail merge required.
- Help refine sales messaging to optimize sales process (maximize % closing and minimize sales cycle period).
- Develop productive relationships and maintain contact with key account personnel.
- Identify potential client's key players and influencers. Work to develop ongoing productive relationships with them.
- Research customer's business situation and discover needs and objectives.
- Market and prospect for new customers.
- Maintain company prospect active email lists.
- Collaborate with management to develop initiatives that could directly or indirectly affect or impact sales.
- Gain a full understanding of all company product, services and capabilities.
- Ensure that marketing and sales productivity is captured via timely reporting.
CDD offers a fast-paced, exciting environment. We offer competitive salaries as well as health insurance, and equity participation – as well as the excitement of working in a fast-paced environment with enthusiastic colleagues. What you do will really matter.
This important position will support both pre- and post-sales support efforts to biologists and chemists in both industry and academia. Priority will be given to candidates with domain-relevant experience (Chemistry or Biology at another database vendor like MDL/Symyx, Accelrys, CambridgeSoft, IDBS, etc) demonstrating skills supporting real customer needs.
- Proficient in Office, experienced in Excel
- Routinely use excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a changing environment
- Great attention to detail
- Take initiative and responsibility for customer satisfaction (or better yet delight)
- Competent, Capable, Compatible
- Experience with technical (software) support ideally for drug discovery informatics
- DB experience a plus (with Molecular Registration or SAR Databases a real plus)
- Experience supporting accounts for customers using molecular registration or SAR database software at a vendor like MDL-Symyx, Accelrys, Cambridgesoft, IDBS, etc given top consideration
- Strong work ethic and people skills (sensitivity to others)
- Experience engaging scientists
- Be available to work at the company headquarters in Burlingame (5 min south of SFO off HWY 101)
- Background in consumer products and a passion for the CDD product
- Positive, high-energy, interactive personality (comfort with people)
- Strong detail-orientation and great follow up skills
- Excellent computer skills (mass mailings, sales CRM, Microsoft Office, web, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership, initiative, responsibility, and creativity are needed
- A flexible team player
BS, MS, or PhD degree all acceptable (ideally in chemistry or biology)