Here are some of the measures, policies and practices we have put in place to protect your data:
- CDD uses SSL encryption to protect all communications with the browser once you visit one of our websites. This prevents potential hackers from “tapping” a data conversation.
- CDD performs thorough automated testing of our application code, including security tests to make sure one vault cannot access another vault’s private data.
- CDD deploys two firewall levels (“defense in depth”), the first in hardware and the second in software, for each sensitive server in our server environment.
- CDD encrypts all database and customer file backups using public key cryptography, and the private keys are backed up securely.
- CDD stores user passwords in our database using strong, one-way encryption hashes.
- CDD stays current with all security updates to our system software, firmware and operating systems.
- CDD enforces mandatory password security policies.
- CDD limits and audits internal access to data servers and superuser accounts.
- CDD houses its servers in securely guarded and continuously monitored hosting facilities.
Help us keep your data safe
Your participation is important to our security efforts. The following are steps we suggest you take to protect your CDD Vault™ and account.
Verify you are on one of the CDD websites
The CDD Vault application is equipped with EV (Extended Validation) SSL certificates. When you click on a link to or visit one of our websites, for your protection, perform all the following checks.
- Verify that the address in your browser starts with https://www.collaborativedrug.com or https://app.collaborativedrug.com.
- Verify that your address bar shows a lock icon. If you click on this in the application, a popup should show up explaining that the identify of Collaborative Drug Discovery, Inc. has been verified by Digicert.
Keep your Vault safe
- Monitor the vault member list;
- Control your user roles. Disable accounts when vault members leave or should not have access anymore;
- Monitor your vault activity logs for strange activity and behavior; and
- Report any issue to CDD support immediately.
Protect your computer’s security
- Keep your computer and browser software current with security updates;
- Install and update anti-virus and anti-spyware software and use personal firewalls to protect your computer;
- Be alert to the threats posed by malware (malicious software) that can damage or disrupt your system or secretly record all of your activity on your computer;
- Do not enable automatic login to your CDD account or pre-fill the username or password fields;
- Change your password periodically and avoid using passwords for CDD that you commonly use for other purposes; and
- For more information on how to protect your personal computer, including links to vendors providing anti-virus and anti-spyware software, you can visit the Federal Trade Commission’s computer security site. Microsoft Corporation provides additional information specific to the Windows operating system at http://microsoft.com/security. Users of Apple computers can find security information at http://apple.com/support/security.
Use your computer in a safe manner
- Do not share your username and password with anyone;
- Always log off after completing your activities on collaborativedrug.com.
- Do not access your Vault from third-party computers or computers that you are not familiar with. If you do, be careful to ensure you have fully logged out.