Senior Software Engineer
You will have a huge impact on how we design, build and deliver our application. You should be a generalist and enjoy working across the software stack. Our current technologies include Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, MySQL, and Elasticsearch.
We look for engineers who love finding efficient, thoughtful, and highly useable solutions to a variety of technical and product challenges. You should strive to write maintainable code with strong tests.
Work remotely or at CDD headquarters in Burlingame, California.
Sample projects include:
- Building our Electronic Lab Notebook and visualization suite with modern front-end tools
- Designing a data model and UX that allows scientists to invite collaborators and selectively share data with them
- Extending our API for third party developers and integrations
- Improving our DevOps tools and infrastructure-as-code
- Optimizing import, export and computation of large data sets
You should have significant experience building web applications that solve complex problems elegantly.
Experience in the following is not required but would be a plus: