At CDD we believe in the power of end-to-end tests. We currently have over 70K lines of browser-based tests, primarily implemented in Capybara and RSpec. As you would expect with a test suite this large, we often see tests that fail inconsistently, often referred to as flappy, flickering, or sporadic failures. We are looking for someone who can work with the rest of the development team and with the product manager to help make our test suite more reliable and more valuable.
Work remotely or at CDD headquarters in Burlingame, California.
Sample projects include:
- Write helpers or cucumber step definitions that allow new tests to be written succinctly and consistently;
- Work with the rest of the development team to upgrade and improve the tools and libraries we use for automated testing;
- Debug sporadic test failures to determine if they are caused by an infrastructure issue, a problem with the test itself, or an application bug;
- Monitor test runs to gather metrics on failing tests;
- Port older tests to new frameworks as needed;
- Write new tests in consultation with the product manager;
- Anything that helps make tests easier to write, faster to run, easier to debug, less likely to fail inconsistently, or more likely to catch defects.
You should have significant experience writing and maintaining browser-based tests.
Experience in the following is not required but would be a plus:
- Ruby on Rails
- GitHub Actions
- Domain experience in biology or chemistry
Remote, or work from our office in Burlingame, California.