By interning with us, you will:
- Work on a real project that matters; write software that will be deployed live and be used by all our customers
- Get firsthand experience working on a live, multi-tenant, hosted application with very frequent updates
- Experience what it is to work in a well-organized software development team
- Use a variety technologies and languages (Ruby, Rails, RSpec, React, and TypeScript, to name a few)
- Help improve a cutting-edge scientific collaboration platform used by industry, foundations and academia
- Write code to perform statistical calculations to process and summarize data
- Develop rich interfaces for scientific data presentation and comparison
The ideal intern has some combination of the following:
- Has a strong software foundation including OOP and algorithms
- Has a passion for (or a strong interest in) TDD and agile development
- Knows Rails or another comparable web application development framework
Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science (cheminformatics or bioinformatics a plus).
We welcome and sponsor students/trainees under J1 visas.
Remote, or work from our office in Burlingame, California.