5th CDD Users and Community meeting – Registration open!
Note the day and register — April 4, 2014 — Celebrating 10 years of the CDD Vault!
To celebrate our “10 Years of Collaborative Drug Discovery” we will host our CDD users and community meeting at the UCSF Mission Bay conference center in San Francisco on April 4th, 2014.
Reserve your ticket (no cost as every year) early, we expect this event to be packed! You can register here.
The theme of the conference will be “Modern Drug Research Informatics Applications to CNS, Infectious, Neglected, Rare, and Commercial Diseases”.
Dr. Christopher Lipinski will moderate a session on distributed drug discovery focused on research collaborations – including our Gates Foundation TB consortium (involving academic, non-profit, and government labs collaborating with 7 Big Pharmas). Our own Dr. Sylvia Ernst will moderate the commercial biotech channel focused on internal and external biotech/pharma workflows.
There will be technical training for all levels and including advanced topics such as integration of the CDD Vault with popular tools like Pipeline Pilot, KNIME and Excel.
It is an intimate, open meeting with opportunities to “meet the speakers” and vote on the top poster.
This conference is typically well attended by Biologists, Medicinal Chemists, and Research Scientists who collaborate internally or externally to manage compounds and screening data. We do expect 300 attendees. Gold, Silver, and Bronze Sponsors are welcome, but space is limited, please contact Sylvia Ernst, PhD at email@example.com if you are interested in promoting your offerings. Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Christopher Lipinski (ex-Pfizer, Collaborative Drug Discovery SAB member)
- Dr. Dustin L. McMinn (Head of Medicinal Chemistry at Onyx Pharmaceuticals)
- Leanna Staben (Research Associate at Genentech)
- Dr. Ruo Steensma (Orphagen Pharmaceuticals Director of Chemistry)
- Dr. Bob Volkmann (Systamedic CSO & Mnemosyne Pharmaceuticals VP Chemistry)
- Dr. Jerry Shipps (ex-Merck, Director Chemical Research, Presenting on the Gates Foundation TBDA Collaboration using the CDD Vault with 7 Big Pharmas, academic, government, and non-profit laboratories)
- Dr. Martin John Rogers (NIAID, Program Officer – Preclinical Parasite Drug Discovery, tentative)
- Dr. J. Fraser Glickman, Director High-Throughput Screening Resource Center at Rockefeller University
- Dr. Joel Gever, Assistant Adjunct Professor at UCSF/Prusiner lab (1997 Nobel prize went to Dr. Prusiner “for his discovery of Prions – a new biological principle of infection”)