CDD Vault Update (September 2019 [#2]): Filter ELN Entries by Date and Custom Fields, and a Revised Reaction Component Nomenclature within Stoichiometry Tables
September 13, 2019
British author, George Eliot, wrote that “Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” This CDD Vault ELN release brings together a few new features that provide great benefit to users!
Filtering ELN Entries via Customer-Defined ELN Fields
CDD Vault ELN users may now filter their ELN entries from the main ELN tab using any combination of the default ELN elements (ID, Author, Title, Status, and Witness), dates (created, modified, submitted, finalized) and the customer-defined ELN fields.
Data Type-specific filtering is also available. For example, for ELN Fields that are created as Date fields, the filtering dialog provides a calendar widget so users can interactively select dates to filter over a specific date range. Filtering Pick List type ELN fields will present the user with a drop-down list of available values for filtering.
- Filtering by date modified will filter over any modifications made in the ELN entry (not just the most recent modified date)
Names of Reaction Components are Unified within ELN Stoichiometry Tables
The order of the Name column within a reaction stoichiometry table is now unified across the various types of components (reactants, reagents, and products). For any reaction component, the Name will now appear as:
- Name – editable name chosen by the user
- Molecule – Molecule ID from CDD Vault (if registered)
- IUPAC – IUPAC Name
- CAS-RN – CAS Number
- If a component does not exist in the user’s CDD Vault, the Register button now appears on the 2nd (Molecule) line while in edit mode.
- By default, for components that exist in CDD Vault, the Name shown on line 1 will default to the term used to search for the component. Of course, the user can customize the text shown on line 1 to display whatever text is desired.
- If a user wishes to change the Batch associated with a reaction component, s/he can click on the Molecule line and either choose from the existing Batches or click the Register button to register a new Batch of the Molecule into CDD Vault.